Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Miami

Finally I have internet! Now I can blog about Miami.

Arrived Tuesday afternoon on the 16th November. We stayed at the Miami Beach International Travellers Hostel which is about two blocks from South Beach. The hostel was great value for money - excellent location, free meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and a TV in the room too! So many young party people and it's definitely the kind of place where you DON'T get much sleep. Kerry and I decided to extend our stay another 4 nights.

Tuesday night was a big one. About 40 of us took 2 limos to a local club (with VIP entry thanks to the hostel). The clubs stay open until 5am - every night is a Saturday night in Miami. I woke up with such a bad hangover on Wednesday. Spent the morning at the beach and then the afternoon in bed. Needless to say I was out of action Wednesday night.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday were much the same - beach during the day and a club at night (but no more hangovers). On Saturday night a huge group of hostel people went to the club Mansion. This is supposed to be one of the top 5 clubs in the world. Roger Sanchez was dj-ing that night so the place was packed. Such a great night, but I was so exhausted by the end.

By Sunday I was a little over Miami. I only spent an hour at the beach and the rest of the time at the hostel. Didn't go out that night because we booked a tour to Key West the following morning, which left at 7am. Plus my liver can't take any more alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment